Security/Privacy for Hilti Online
Hilti understands that security is important to our online customers. We want your browsing and purchasing experiences with us to be as safe as possible, which is why we have taken the following precautions:
- Hilti Online employs 128-bit SSL encryption to protect all pages that contain user specific data (personal data, prices, orders,...)
- No employee of Hilti can gain access to your online password, and all Hilti Online passwords are protected by encryption.
- For further protection, in order for a user to change his or her password, the original password must first be entered. This is particularly beneficial when a computer is located in a public place or shared.
- If your account is authorized to place online orders, you can browse a list of all authorized purchasers on that account.
- Hilti Online regularly audits its business processes and IT infrastructure to ensure we meet our promised privacy standards.
- Hilti Online is hosted internally to prevent third-party access to customer data.
For more information about Hilti Online security features, please contact us online or by phone at (800) 879-8000.
Why does Hilti Online collect personal information?
Your personal information (e-mail address, name, phone number, and mailing address) allows us to contact you, if necessary, to process your orders and to notify you of your order status. It provides you with the opportunity to access parts of the web site where legal requirements apply.
In addition, we want to improve your browsing and shopping experience by using your personal information to offer content tailored to your particular interests. In that way you will receive more of what you want, and less of what you do not want.
We monitor customer "traffic patterns" and site usage to help us further develop the structure, the design and the layout of "Hilti Online".
We may use the information to notify you about important changes to the web site, new Hilti Online services, and special offers. If you do not want to receive this information, please go to "Change my profile" to change your preferences at any time.
Will Hilti Online disclose the information it collects to third parties?
Hilti Online will not sell, trade, rent, or otherwise disclose your personal information to anyone outside of Hilti.
Hilti Online will release account information to third parties when such release is reasonably necessary to (i) comply with law, (ii) enforce or apply the terms of any of our user agreements or (iii) protect the rights, property or safety of Hilti Online, our users, and others.
In order to make improvements to our site we may gather information that helps us understand how customers use it. For example, we may research the collected information to determine which areas of the site our customers most frequently access. Hilti may provide aggregate statistics about our customers, sales, traffic patterns, and related site information to reputable third-party vendors, but these statistics will not include individual identifying information. Personal information such as your name and email address, will not be used in our research.
How is the personal information protected?
All personal data we collect is protected against unauthorized access utilizing most recent security technologies.
What about "cookies"?
"Cookies" are pieces of information that a web site transfers as a very small text file to your computer´s hard disk. They are used for record-keeping purposes. "Cookies" can make the site more useful by storing information about your preferences on the site. "Cookies" in and of themselves do not personally identify users, although they do identify a user´s computer.
As an example, if you have registered yourself at the Hilti web site, you would need to login each time you come back. By choosing the auto-login option, we would utilize the cookie technology to identify your computer as your computer, and you would be logged-in automatically. There would be no need to remember neither the login name nor the password.
How can you update or change the collected information?
You may update or change information related to your Hilti Online profile at any time by going to "Change my profile". You need to login to access it from the homepage. For other questions related to updating or changing your account information, please contact us.
Do I get email from you? What if I do not want to receive it?
Yes. As a registered visitor you will occasionally receive e-mail updates about important changes to the web site, new Hilti Online services, and special offers. If you choose not to receive them, please go to "Change my profile" to change your preferences at any time.
Your Hilti Online Bill of Rights
The Hilti Online Safe Shopping Guarantee protects you while you shop at Hilti Online, so that you never have to worry about credit card safety related to shopping our site. Hilti Online´s guarantee: if any unauthorized use of your credit card occurs as a result of your credit card purchase from Hilti Online, simply notify your credit card provider in accordance with its reporting rules and procedures. If, through no fault of your own, your credit card company finds credit card fraud but does not waive your entire liability for unauthorized charges, Hilti Online will reimburse you for the remaining liability, up to a maximum of fifty dollars US ($50.00) per card.
1. Unsubscribing. You can unsubscribe or change your subscription to any of our Personal Notification Services at any time. Simply visit "Change my profile" to modify your subscriptions online.
2. Hilti Online Updates. As a customer or specifier you will occasionally receive e-mail updates about important changes to the Web site, new Hilti Online services, and special offers. If you choose not to receive them, please go to the "Change my profile" to change your preferences at any time.
3. Privacy. We are committed to protecting your privacy. Any information we collect from you is used to process orders and to provide a more personalized shopping experience. It will be available only to Hilti personnel on an as-needed basis. We may also use it to tell you about changes in our services or about special offers. We do not sell, trade, or rent your businessinformation to others.
We are committed to protecting your privacy. We use the information collected on the site to make browsing and shopping on our web site as easy as possible, and to provide a superior shopping experience. This information will be available only to Hilti personnel on an as-needed basis. We do not sell, trade, or rent your personal information to others. If you choose not to receive any announcements or special offers from us, go to "Change my profile" to change your preferences accordingly.
Your feedback is always welcome. If you have any questions or concerns about your online privacy please do not hesitate to contact us.